« Home | If you insist that I be festive, then here's the w... » | I don't even HAVE a twin sister! Where does this c... » | It's so real » | If killing is wrong... » | The Tale of the Ass Coach » | Welcome to the first of many holiday posts teenage... » | I'd like to thank the academy... » | Here's a cool way to find new music » | Imagine... » | Honor Killing? HONOR? Are you fucking kidding me?? »

Ladies & gentlemen, I give you....

I think I understand now why Kong didn't have a huge Wednesday night opening. Who the hell can go see a THREE-AND-A-HALF-HOUR MOVIE ON A WEEKNIGHT??

We went to a 6:40 show and didn't get out until 10 O'CLOCK.

An entire hour could easily be cut from the film. I thought it was a bit slow and completely self-indulgent. Like when Kong fought off three T-Rexes with one hand, while gently grasping Miss Ann Darrow in the other. That scene went on for about 20 minutes.

I do love me some Adrien Brody, though. Don't know what it is about him, but I do love that man.

So the movie's 3 1/2 hours long, but there's probably only an hour of dialogue. Naomi Watts didn't really have to learn any lines, she just had to be able to make her eyes tear up. Over. And over. And over. Again.

Course the boys loved it. I'm not saying you shouldn't see it. Just make sure you eat a big meal and take a long nap before you go, b/c you're gonna be in that theater for a long, long time.