« Home | Dads » | 'Tis the Season! » | Intrusion » | Check out my Glamour Shot » | Baby, It's Cold Outside » | The horror that has become my life » | Mmm, Mmm, Good » | mmmm...and then...to REALLY piss him off... » | Typical conversation with my 12-year-old » | This is fun »

Honor Killing? HONOR? Are you fucking kidding me??

I know I've had a lot of overly serious posts lately, and that's not really what you come here expecting. I'm sorry about that and I'll try to get back to the shoes/lip gloss/shopping posts soon.

But I don't know how anyone can listen to this report and not be furious. Just completely irate and yet, so impotent to change it. I mean seriously? A man is abducted and his return warrants killing the fatted calf, but a woman is abducted and her return demands that her family kill her? For honor? It's sickening.

Please, if you only do one thing today, go to NPR and listen to this story. You think you know what the report is going to say but you're wrong. You'll be shocked at what you hear.

And if you know of any organizations who have an idea how to change a culture whose tribal tradition endorses centuries of violence against woman, please let me know because I'm totally making a big fat donation in the honor of everyone I know for their Christmas present.