« Home | M'excuser, où la toilette est ? » | MEMO » | Gimme a "T"!!! » | привет, я - американец » | Bah...more reasons to hate the season » | It's probably OK to blog about a PAST job, don't y... » | Not that I've been peeking or anything... » | Ladies & gentlemen, I give you.... » | If you insist that I be festive, then here's the w... » | I don't even HAVE a twin sister! Where does this c... »

Christmas Meme

Courtesy of Grown*Up Girlie

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Mmmm...hot chocolate and cheese toast - my favorite comfort foods. Although I did have some real, homemade egg nog for the first time the other night, and it was mighty tasty.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them around the tree?
He just sets them out.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
What tree?

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. But I used to know I guy a long time ago who made a lot of money at the holidays by going out in the woods and shooting it out of trees and selling it.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
What decorations?

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Turkey & stuffing & cranberry

7. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Don't really remember. I just remember that the year I found out I got to "be Santa" with my parents and my older sister and fill my brother's stocking. I guess I was maybe 8? Or 10?

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We never did until we moved to the south when I was 11. Then my parents allowed us one gift on Xmas Eve and they got to pick it. Of course it was always pajamas so we didn't look like ragamuffins in the Xmas morning home movies.

9. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
Sugar, I think. Bonus points if they're frosted.

10. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it. Dread the ice and frozen rain that we get here in the midsouth, though.

11. Can you ice skate?
No.

12. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Mickey Mouse wristwatch on a red, plastic strap.

13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
paid time off

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Pie. Practically any kind, but I'm particularly partial to fruit.

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I do love getting Xmas cards with pictures of people's kids. Although I'm surprised I'm still on anyone's list since I never send one myself.

16. What tops your tree?
I say again, what tree?

17. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
Dude, getting.

18. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
"For Unto Us a Child is Born" from Handel's Messiah. Man, those religious people sure can write some good music.

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yuck. Peppermint is for freshening breath. It's not candy.

20. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving


You thought I was kidding about that Christmas Bitch thing, huh?