« Home | SEE?? I was not kidding » | An informal poll » | Freud would probably tell me to go with the covere... » | Did you see LOST? » | Name dropping » | ABCs of Meme » | Easter Sunday Revelations » | Living with a pre-teen boy » | Last night I dreamed » | Hey, folks! »

You know what I just don't get?

Solo albums.

Matchbox 20 = a singer, with a band of musicians accompanying him. Rob Thomas' solo album? Same singer. With a...band of different musicians accompanying him.

Because really. Doesn't "solo," by definition, require that he do it ALONE?

Gwen Stefani. Belinda Carlisle. You can make your own list.

The only thing I can think of that makes a difference is that in a band, the entire group makes creative decisions. On a "solo album," the singer has full creative control. I find it extraordinarily egotistical that Rob Thomas thinks I, the listener, should care about that.

Perhaps our resident music expert can weigh in on this.