« Home | So ready for the vacay » | Well here's some cheerful news! » | Three more hints for you as you make your holiday ... » | A Sudden Road Trip, on which I make an important s... » | I now own a Romero Britto original! » | Plus...Big Daddy doesn't know how to use his inter... » | Plus, it's raining AGAIN » | Baby Evie.   » | What is...holy shit? » | Skanky Ho Barbie »

There are no bad hair days in Vegas

With just 4 inches of rain a year, this is the driest climate I've ever experienced. It took a toll on my skin and sinuses, but damn! The hair was straight! With no frizzies!

We had SOOO MUCH FUN! Not a relaxing vacay, but definitely a fun one! Many, many fun photos to come when I get them downloaded...We:

Stayed at the MGM Grand. (The green one with the humongous lion.)
Saw the Blue Man Group at the Luxor (Excellent! Awesome!!! Totally Recommended!!)
Rode the gondola at the Venetian. ("O Sole Miiiiiiooooo!")
Climbed the Eiffel Tower at the Paris. (Only half the size of the original, but Oooh, la la!)
Saw "V" - a variety show at the Aladdin. (So much fun! The emcee - a Mexican named Wally Eastwood [I am not kidding!!] was so fucking funny!)
Watched the fountains presentation at The Bellagio. (To Andrea Boccelli - my favorite!!)
Visited the Shark Reef and aquarium at Mandalay Bay. (Very cool. Lots and lots of sharks and sea turtles. My Kid loved this.)
Watched the circus acts at Circus Circus. (My Kid won lots of stuffed animals on the Midway.)
Shopped at Sephora THREE TIMES. (OK, that was just me...)
Visited Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum (I lounged on a bed with Hugh Hefner...married George Clooney...Big Daddy & My Kid played poker with Ben Affleck... oh, there's lots of fun photos to come from this one!!! )
Visited Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage. (White tigers and lions and Thai elephant and lots of dolphins that you can get right up next to...Way, way cool.)

I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now...I'll post more later with plenty of photos.

We came home to several inches of ice on the ground in Memphis. My Kid said, "Why does this always happen when I'm already out of school???"

I said, "Why does this always happen when I've already taken vacay days???"

For those of you expecting a Holiday Card from me - yeah, I haven't sent them yet. That's so me.

Feliz Navidad!