« Home | File this one under "Boys Will Be Boys" » | "They thought we were completely safe" » | Hurricane Katrina is battering my hometown » | 100 Things about Shoes » | There is no way in hell I can limit my quirks to j... » | Guess who just called me at my office? » | What makes a really, really BAD business trip? » | The third week of school and guess what came home ... » | And the rest of the Therapy with Mother - Session ... » | Today's shocker from Therapy with Mother - Session... »

Tell me if I'm wrong

I didn't bring home my laptop tonight. It was raining and my back was hurting and it just didn't seem like a good idea.

I'm posting now from an old desktop in my bedroom.

My Kid's been using it for a while to play computer games.

So, while I'm on it, I keep getting all these instant messages.

I ignored them at first. Then I opened up his buddy list. And there's like 30 names on it!

So when the messages came in, I started pretending like I was My Kid.

"Hey," I'd say. "Who is this?"

Three names in three windows. All kids I knew and trusted.

Then My Kid walked in the room.

"What are you doing?" he asks. I'm sure he's not used to seeing me on this old PC.

"Pretending I'm you," I say.

He sees that I'm on IM and totally freaks the fuck out.

I say, "I'm your mom. It's my job to make sure that you're not talking to child molesters online."

He goes in his room and slams the door.

Was I wrong? Tell me, I can take it.