« Home | "They thought we were completely safe" » | Hurricane Katrina is battering my hometown » | 100 Things about Shoes » | There is no way in hell I can limit my quirks to j... » | Guess who just called me at my office? » | What makes a really, really BAD business trip? » | The third week of school and guess what came home ... » | And the rest of the Therapy with Mother - Session ... » | Today's shocker from Therapy with Mother - Session... » | Weekend Update »

File this one under "Boys Will Be Boys"

My Kid calls me at work. "I'm going outside," he says. (He's required to call me if he leaves the house.)

I'm all, "But it's raining!"

Because it is raining, with 20 mph winds. We're starting to feel the outskirts of our friend Katrina.

He says, "I know! There's a football game!"

Yes, the boys in the cove have gathered a FOOTBALL GAME in the tropical storm.

"OK," I say, "but you'll have to take a shower before we go to your birthday dinner."

Subfile: Pick Your Battles