« Home | Tonight's "America (The Book)" passage » | The nighttime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, achin... » | Well FINALLY! *rolls eyes* » | Happy Birthday a-week-and-three-days-early to me! » | What you might overhear in a restaurant at lunchti... » | I just remembered why I don't like living in Memphis » | Making up my own meme » | Thanks » | $8 million...now that's more like it! » | Shout Out to my Houston Girls »

Teach your children well

Last night I was out in my front yard smoking (because I don't smoke in the house). Across the street from me live three teenage boys that are completely unsupervised and god only knows what kind of trouble they're into.

Usually when I go outside in the evening they're hanging out in their driveway with a cluster of friends (guys & girls) smoking cigarettes and blaring heavy metal music.

Which would be cool if they were like, hot young boys. But no such luck for me.

So last night, I'm outside. And there's three or four or five of them in the driveway and the garage. They're lifting weights. And blaring heavy metal music. (I'm so fucking old.)

And I hear a girl's voice. And she's saying, "I have the Playmate of the Year."

And two girls are walking across their front lawn, toward the garage, where the boys are.

And one of them is dressed in what apparently is to be her Halloween costume. As a Playboy Bunny.

The little strapless suit. Fishnets. Ears. Fluffy tail. High heeled boots.

OK, I woulda gone without the hose and with 4" strappy sandals, but that's just me. You can't expect a simple high school girl to have my fashion sensibilities.

So she stands in front of these sex-crazed teenage boys and shows her stuff. "What do you think?" "How do I look?" "How's the boobs?" (grabbing said body part).

And I'll I can think is "I am soooo glad My Kid's a boy."

Because the times, they have a-changed.

When I was in high school (oh lord, I sound like a parent. Worse than that...a GRANDPARENT.), we would NEVER have even CONSIDERED dressing up as a Playboy bunny for Halloween. I can't think of a girl in my entire school that would have. Even the slutty ones.

But if they did, they SURE the hell wouldn't have stood in front of the football team and asked, "How's the boobs?"

I blame Britney Spears for the complete and utter downfall of our younger generation. She made skank acceptable. Damn her. Damn her to hell.