« Home | What you might overhear in a restaurant at lunchti... » | I just remembered why I don't like living in Memphis » | Making up my own meme » | Thanks » | $8 million...now that's more like it! » | Shout Out to my Houston Girls » | All About Boston » | In Search Of... » | My idea to save the world » | The Saga continues... »

Happy Birthday a-week-and-three-days-early to me!

My birthday present was delivered today. Because you know Big Daddy does his shopping on the internet. When I came home from Open House at My Kid's school (or, as I like to call it, "Most of Cordova and Half of Germantown driving around looking for a parking space"), there was a big box on the kitchen table.

They'd taken a Sharpie and wrote "Happy Birthday Love, Big Daddy & Kid" on the box that it was delivered in. How thoughtful.

But anyway! I got my ionic hairdryer AND a new ceramic flatiron! I'm so surprised! Just what I asked for! But really - they rock. Not ONLY does the ionic hair dryer dry your hair in, like, half the time (which, with all this hair, that's reducing my drying time by about 15 minutes), BUT it makes your hair really really smooth and soft and almost practically NO FRIZ WHATSOEVER. Ain't science grand?

One other gift was included - something I hadn't actually asked for but I talk so much about I think it was a gimme for Big Daddy. America (The Book) by Jon Stewart!

And it is fucking funny.

So, from the forward by Thomas Jefferson, here's tonight's quote from America (The Book):

Not that we weren't awesome. We wrote the Constitution in the time it takes you nimrods to figure out which is the aye button and which is the nay. But we weren't gods. We were men. We had flaws. Adams was an unbearable prick and squealed girlishly whenever he saw a bug. And Ben Franklin? If crack existed in our day, that boozed-up snuff machine would weigh 80 pounds and live outside the Port Authority.