« Home | Lose yourself » | Two talented men. Too young to die. » | Quick "Hi" » | Astonished » | Allow me to introduce you... » | In. Three. Words. » | "What you got here is a walkin' talkin' reason to ... » | Friday Movie Quote » | That's Fugged Up » | The hell??? »

The Saga continues...

They grow up so freaking fast.

I know...when I was a teenager, I spent every waking moment on the phone with my best friend. And eventually (by 10th grade) with my boyfriend.

But he's 11 for pete's sake!

My Kid has been on Fall Break this week and since Big Daddy is out of town, I've taken vacation days and/or worked from home.

And the boy LIVES on the phone with this girl!

Which is OK, I guess. I just can't imagine for the life of me what they could possibly have to talk aobut for hours on end. How uncool their parents are, I guess.

This afternoon he met that little hussy at the movies to see "Taxi." She always brings a friend along b/c she's totally bad news and her parents do NOT know that she has a boyfriend, so she has to hide it from them, so she tells them that she & her friend want to go to a movie when really they're being dropped off to meet BOYS.

(I might as well use their names...these kids all have such popular names, I don't see the point in not using them. Since there's probably twelve-hundred Kaitlyn's in his school alone.)

So it was supposed to be My Kid, his girlfriend Kaitlyn, some friend of hers, and Dillon, My Kid's friend from up the street. A double-date of sorts.

When I picked him up, he raved about how funny the movie was. I said, "Who all went?" He said, "Just Kaitlyn and her friend Lindsey [or whatever] and Mitchell."

Hold up.

Mitchell????

Let me very calmly refer you back to the Middle School Love Triangle.

Of course, I couldn't let on that I knew anything. I prodded a bit, but to no avail.

"Mitchell? Is that a friend of yours?"
"Yeah."
"You've never mentioned him. Does he go to your school?"
"Yeah."
"Oh. So is this someone you hang out with at school?"
"Yeah."

Fuck.

Can you BELIEVE this little tramp???? Not only has she been stringing him along while she dabbles with this other guy, but now she's going to the movies with BOTH OF THEM???

Holy shit. I think it's time for a serious mother-son talk.