« Home | Allow me to introduce you... » | In. Three. Words. » | "What you got here is a walkin' talkin' reason to ... » | Friday Movie Quote » | That's Fugged Up » | The hell??? » | Because I will show my boobs for charity » | And the Emmy goes to... » | Movin' on up to the East side » | Friday Movie Quote »

Astonished

I remember back in 1983 when I was in high school, all I wanted out of life was an Izod Lacoste shirt. And Nike tennis shoes. Each of which cost a steep 30 bucks back then. I had to beg and plead my parents to spend such a ridiculous amount for a label.

These days, when even first graders are decked out in Limited Too, it's practically a given that a teenage girl would ask for high-dollar apparel. But it wasn't so expected back then. Still, I recognized at a fairly early age the value in a designer label. I wanted that Lacoste shirt like my reputation depended on it. It did, afterall.

Imagine my surprise when I received a Neiman Marcus catalog in the mail today and saw this. Check out that price. *whew*