« Home | And then he didn't speak to me for the rest of the... » | Christmas Brunch » | JT on SNL » | The Year in Photos » | More photos.... » | Dream Kalisah* » | The Most Disturbing Xmas Gift » | Duh-duh-duhhhh! » | Company Xmas Party » | Media Bias? »

It feels like it should be New Year's Eve by now.

Sundry has some of the most amazing photos of waves I've ever seen over on her site, along with this year-end wrap-up meme.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I got laid off.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any last year. I’m still considering this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My best friend from high school had her third child – a beautiful baby girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Another friend from high school succumbed to breast cancer. She was 39 and left two young children.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. Had a nice week at the beach in Florida, though.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A full-time job.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan. 17…my sobriety date.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
See #7. Also quit smoking.
9. What was your biggest failure?
See #1
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
As a result of my high-heeled-shoe addiction, I have cysts on the balls of my feet that need to be surgically removed. And I had a tooth pulled.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My mid-life crises car
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Bono’s
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mel Gibson’s
14. Where did most of your money go?
Into savings. Hey, the Kid starts private high school next year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting THE President, My Kid's dance, Memphis Tigers rank #1 seed in NCAA tournament
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
“Stupid Girls”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) much happier; b) about the same; c) richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Enjoying the weather
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleeping
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Had the in-laws over for brunch.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yes
22. How many one-night stands?
None
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Weeds
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Girls who show their privates in public.
25. What was the best book you read?
I thoroughly enjoyed In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Alt-country
27. What did you want and get?
A Me & Ro necklace
28. What did you want and not get?
Manolos (*sigh* same answer every year…)
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The best movie I saw was probably Tsotsi. The movie that I can watch over and over is Pride and Prejudice.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent the evening alone, eating out and reading at Starbucks. It was awesomeness. I turned 40. FOR. TEE.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
World travel.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
"What Would Stacy & Clinton Say?"
33. What kept you sane?
Books, my iPod, Friday nights on the couch with a week’s worth of DVR’ed television shows.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kate Winslet. So beautiful and talented, and not in desperate need of a sandwich.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election
36. Who did you miss?
Bill Clinton!!!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Bill Clinton
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
It’s not all about me afterall.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I've been a long time gone now
Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down
But I've always found my way somehow
By taking the long way
Taking the long way around