« Home | My anger grows » | Here's the part I just do not understand » | Today, I cried. » | It just gets worse & worse. » | Personal » | Must. Stop. Watching. Coverage... » | Follow-up » | Tell me if I'm wrong » | File this one under "Boys Will Be Boys" » | "They thought we were completely safe" »

Dinner with the In-Laws: always a big time

This evening I cancelled my bikini wax and My Kid came home early from his friend's house so we could go to dinner with Big Daddy's parents. We were celebrating My Kid's birthday. We went to Amerigo's ("an American restaurant with an Italian flair!") and dad & I fore-went the wine since we were there for the kid and all.

I love my in-laws dearly, but my lord they can work my nerves. My 85-year-old FIL thinks it's funny to harass the waitress. My 81-year-old MIL has surprisingly little table manners left from the days when her husband was a powerful corporate vice president. Tonight she thought pleasant conversation with me at the table would be to point out every fat person in the restaurant and ask me how people let themselves get that way.

It's been a long and harrowing week and I'm just glad I finally made it to the three-day weekend. I enjoyed a nice lunch with my two princess friends this afternoon. Tomorrow I've got a mani & pedi in the morning, lunch with An, and then my bikini wax in the afternoon. I should be looking spiffy and ready to get my head back where it needs to be: in my life, in my city.