« Home | Alfie » | Update on Something » | OK, now THIS is a fun blog game » | Send GOOD THOUGHTS my way!! » | Overdressed Edict » | Here's all I have to say about the death of the Pope » | You know what I just don't get? » | SEE?? I was not kidding » | An informal poll » | Freud would probably tell me to go with the covere... »

Thanks for your concern

But I'm fine, really. I had taken the day off on Friday, and I just left my mani appointment, driving north on Perkins toward Walnut Grove to head home. I'd just passed White Station High School when this guy in a black SUV comes FLYING out of a driveway. He doesn't stop, slow down, look, nothing. Just zooms right into traffic and takes off! I had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting him, and the kid behind me slammed into me.

Yes, he was insured (god only knows how much his mama's gonna have to pay for that now). He was a 16-year-old that just got out of school at White Station. I felt bad for him b/c, yes, technically it was his fault for not maintaining a safe lookout or whatever it is they ticket you for when you rear-end someone. But it really was the guy in the SUV's fault. And of course that fucker didn't even stop! I was so pissed! I couldn't believe that someone would just cause an accident like that and take off! If I'd had my wits about me I would have jumped out and got his tag number. But of course you don't think of that until later.

I'm feeling OK though. I was up & around by Sunday and even went to My Kid's soccer game that afternoon which they lost 2-0 but I got quite a nice suntan.

And the kids' insurance is paying up. And I'm driving a rental DODGE STRATUS or something which is humiliation enough for me. It's kind of fun driving a rental car though. When I run errands I park all wonky and leave the windows down and don't even lock the doors. What do I care?

Thanks again to all of you for your kind words and your concern. It's so nice to know that people care!