« Home | Thanks for your concern » | Alfie » | Update on Something » | OK, now THIS is a fun blog game » | Send GOOD THOUGHTS my way!! » | Overdressed Edict » | Here's all I have to say about the death of the Pope » | You know what I just don't get? » | SEE?? I was not kidding » | An informal poll »

Comfort food

What a day.

Wind and rain and thunderstorms....

Which I braved at lunchtime to venture out to the VA hospital, where my mother's husband is in ICU after a stroke, belligerent and hostile and unable to speak coherently, and she is hysterical in her martyrdom which is why she refused to call me because we're still practically not speaking...

At work, I was asked to create an html newsletter by the end of the day...with absolutely no direction as to what the content should be. Oh, I'm sorry - did I say absolutely no direction? Well that's not entirely true - they did ask that it be very [and I quote] "rah-rah." Luckily I got that new rah-rah filter for just such creative emergencies...

Big Daddy left this afternoon for a business trip that will keep him gone until Saturday. Just before 5 he called me, realizing that I had the debit card and demanding that I DRIVE TO THE AIRPORT IN THE RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC AND STORMS so that I could drop it off for him...

My feet were so wet all day that I now have pink stripes across my toes. Note to self: don't wear pink shoes in the rain...

Working my way back home from the airport, I stopped at Kroger and picked up dinner for me & My Kid: frozen pizza, soda and chocolate chip cookie dough. Fuck the diet. I need comfort food.