« Home | Memphis Tigers, 2-0 » | Man, I hate that » | an open letter » | Providing a camera phone image of my own » | My Romantic Husband » | DeGrassi Jr. High was never like this...was it??? » | Gallantly Streaming and all that » | He'll be the coolest kid on the block » | 50 Random Questions » | Note to self: Buy a robe. »

Hwy. 78 hmmmm's

Things one contemplates while driving to Tupelo, Mississippi:

  • If you are applying for an on-air job at a classical music radio station, one of the interview questions should be to pronounce the word "pianist" to make sure it doesn't sound like "penis."
  • Two trailer-homes next to each other on the side of the highway: one, a Pentecostal church; the other, a fireworks stand. Coincidence or relationship?
  • Do plastic flowers on the side of the highway in the shape of a wreath or a cross really make people drive any safer?
  • Is there some kind of ordinance that requires all seafood restaurants in the state of Mississippi to have huge catfish on their signs? Like, HUGE. Like, three-times the size of my car. Which, BTW, is actual size of catfish in the state of Mississippi, I believe.
  • Tupelo, please quit trying to claim Elvis. He was from "MEN-phus." End of story. So knock it off.
  • And lastly, how did I end up in a career that keeps requiring me to show up at THREE A.M.???