« Home | Note to self: Buy a robe. » | Friday Movie Quote » | Dude, where's my beer truck?? » | The hell?? » | Men that I would leave my husband for: the short list » | My Dad » | And on the seventh day, they washed » | Caught in the act » | Cynical Joe Strikes Again » | (me humming the Olympics theme) »

50 Random Questions

shamelessly stolen from Sweety *kiss*

Your name spelled backwards.
Hasilak

Where were your parents born?
Dad – Washington, DC; Mom – Shelbyville, Tennessee

What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
uhhh...yeah...you have to be technical to do that shit.

What’s your favorite restaurant?
Automatic Slim's in downtown Memphis. Although I had some pretty killer crawfish cakes at Bosco's last weekend. It has moved significantly higher up my list.

Last time you swam in a pool?
In Monaco last month

Have you ever been in a school play?
Lots of musicals in high school

How many kids do you want?
No more than I already have – one

Type of music you dislike most?
country

Are you registered to vote?
YES

Do you have cable?
yes - digital

Have you ever ridden on a moped?
Nope

Ever prank call anybody?
In junior high, with my friend Deana Williams

Ever get a parking ticket?
Got a whole lot of them in college. I thought they couldn’t catch me because I was driving a rental car that summer. Turns out they contacted the company and mailed the ticket charges to my house. Which I never paid.

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
No way

Farthest place you ever traveled.
Europe - Monaco

Do you have a garden?
No. I'm not into growing or making things at home that I can go to the store and buy.

What’s your favorite comic strip?
“Heart of the City” and “Baby Blues”

Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Absolutely, and I sing them very loudly when I attend sporting events.

Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Baths at night, to relax; Showers in the morning, to wake up.

Best movie you’ve seen in the past month?
I haven't really seen anything new in a while (although I plan to catch "Garden State" this weekend). I really liked "Big Fish."

Favorite pizza topping?
Bar-b-que & pineapple from Garibaldi's, and Alternative from Memphis Pizza Cafe are the only pizzas I'll eat.

Chips or popcorn?
Popcorn

What color lipstick do you usually wear?
Bobbi Brown’s Lip Tint SPF 15 in Tea Rose Tint or Melon Tint

Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
Huh?

Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
Hee hee hee. No.

Orange Juice or apple?
Orange. With champagne. For breakfast.

Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
The three of us ate at Corky's Bar-b-que with College Boy, his dad (visiting from Arkansas) and his dad's new mail-order bride from Ukrane.

Favorite type chocolate bar?
Twix

When was the last time you voted at the polls?
Presidential election, 2000. Apparently my vote didn’t count though.

Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
You mean, like, that someone gave me from their garden? Not ever that I can recall.

Have you ever won a trophy?
No. You would have to participate in sports or beauty pageants for that.

Are you a good cook?

Not particularly. But I can cook, and it usually comes out pretty good when I take the time to do it.

Do you know how to pump your own gas?
It ain't gonna pump itself.

Ever order an article from an infomercial?
No. I’m not sure I’ve ever even watched an infomercial.

Sprite or 7-up?
Sprite I guess. I'm not really into either one.

Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
If you mean, that they gave me & said “wear this every day” -- No.

Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
Just picked up my pills today

Ever throw up in public?
Oh yeah. Luckily, those times are a big blur to me now.

Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love?
I’ll take the money. I’m cynical that way.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Nope.

Ever call a 1-900 number?
No

Can ex’s be friends?
Yes, if they were decent people to begin with.

Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
My 5-year-old niece. She was having oral surgery.

Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?
No, but I’ve more than made up for it in the 37 years since.

What message is on your answering machine?
The default machine-voice. “Please. Leave. A. Message.”

What’s your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character?
I don’t really know that many SNL characters. Rosanna Rosanna Danna was pretty funny though.

What was the name of your first pet?
Little Bit.

What is in your purse?
A checkbook cover that I use as a wallet, lip gloss, cell phone, a red extra fine Sharpie, Neutrogena lip balm, sunglasses, car key and a tampon.

Favorite thing to do before bedtime?
Read

What is one thing you are grateful for today?
My boys aren’t fighting.