« Home | Who Killed the Pagent Queen? » | Go figure » | Goddess of Wind and Water » | I want my babyback babyback babyback » | Saturday Night Imitators » | Mall Rats » | Dream a little Dream » | What I need is a Fairy Godmother » | Comments Update » | Friday Movie Quote »

Monster performance

Tonight I rented the movie "Monster." Half-way into it, the DVD fucked up and I wasn't able to finish it. Maybe that's a good thing.

Seriously, that movie was hard to watch. I don't do well with violence in general. But especially violence to women. I had to keep reminding myself that I was watching an Academy award-winning performance, not somebody's life. But the truth is, that was somebody's life.

I admit to being a liberal, but I am not patently for or against the death penalty. God help anyone should hurt my child...I'm all about the electric chair. I also know that movies can paint a very lopsided picture - Oliver Stone, for instance, is a master at it. But I didn't even see the whole story, and still I can't help but feel that this was just a woman failed by the system.

It kind of made me feel sick. I had to take a break and go outside & smoke. I noticed I was shaking slightly. I considered not watching the rest of the movie. But it was like a train wreck; I couldn't turn away.

Then the disc fucked up. I'm not sure I'll replace it. I think I've seen enough. I'll just take it back to Blockbuster tomorrow.