« Home | Mall Rats » | Dream a little Dream » | What I need is a Fairy Godmother » | Comments Update » | Friday Movie Quote » | Woo-Hoo! Pictures! And hair! » | Disney World, Summer 2003  » | Me & My Kid, House of Blues  » | Me & Big Daddy in New Orleans (Christmas 2003)  » | Movies I can't wait to see »

Saturday Night Imitators

I haven't watched SNL in years, but I've caught several partial episodes this season (I don't usually manage to stay awake until the end). But have you noticed this? Nobody does original characters anymore. All they do is celebrity imitations. For like every single skit. It's gotten to be such a staple that even the guest hosts are doing it - Christina Aguilera did Samantha; Janet Jackson did Condi. The imitations are good, funny even, it just seems to lack the creativity of old. The Coneheads, Land Shark, the Chee'burger Chee'burger guy...the funniest and most memorable charaters were always the original ones.