« Home | In need of: a religious scholar » | Soulsville (updated) » | In need of some techie guidance » | My Valentine » | On his tombstone, they can say "He scared the beje... » | I don't know how stay-at-home women do it! » | Something you should know about me (it's gonna com... » | It's snowing! » | 1-3 inches on the ground » | Carmen, I may have to re-think the whole SCHEDULE ... »

Pinpoint Dopplar Radar says....

So I don't think Winter Storm 2006 was quite as bad as the TV news predicted. There's something covering the grass and there's white stuff on the house roofs (snow?) and they're saying the streets are slick but since the wind chill is 12, I'm not venturing out to see. And of course everything in town this weekend - including My Kid's basketball game, for which he appears to be holding me personally responsible - has been cancelled. Even church. Some sort of winter parcipitation is coming down outside because I can hear it hitting my window, so I assume it's sleet since snow is q-u-i-e-t. Last night I made chili and baked brownies and today I'm making white chicken chili in the crock pot and my office is warm and bright despite the severe dullness outside the window. I've got the Olympics on, finding it amazing that anyone can get that excited about crosscountry skiing and shooting rifles, and my laptop is on my desk so that I can watch TV the American way - while online - and there's a comfy throw and my bed pillow on the futon couch in here where I alternate sitting at the computer with curling up with a good book. It's good. More weekends should be like this. Although Big Daddy might disagree, since he's been on conference calls since I got up this morning.