« Home | I have some Grammy questions » | Anybody want to talk about Grey's Anatomy? » | Live Blogging the Super Bowl Ads » | Team parents are such ASSHOLES. » | Another agency I'd gladly work for. » | You'd think this list would be longer. » | Remembering Teresa » | This is the ad agency I want to work for » | The Big O » | Swimming right along »

Carmen, I may have to re-think the whole SCHEDULE thing

Yesterday I had lunch with Treasure. We talked about everything that's been going on with both of us. I told her about what happened with the job. And she said the same thing that An said to me last week at lunch:

"Now you can write."

To which I responded the same way I did last week to An:

"I can't! I....I'm not ready! I'm not really that kind of writer! I don't have any ideas! Read my 100 Things! I never wanted to write a book! I just want to be Dooce or Dave Barry and make money by writing a column every day. About whatever I want. I don't know anything about character development! Or symbolism! Or irony! I can't do this! I CAN'T!"

And thank god I have powerful, strong, supportive women in my life. Treasure looked at me and said, "Of course you can. I'll help you."

She suggested that I carve out some specific time every day to write. Then, every couple of days we would send each other a few pages to read and comment on. We'll form a writers' group. An can join too. We'll meet for dinner and talk about each others' writings.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm not sure I can do this; I haven't actually started anything yet. But she's inspired me to try.