« Home | I horked this from Stale-Betty » | Nothing Sucks Like a Big Orange » | In which I make an actual Confession » | Memphis-blogging the Golden Globes » | Everybody gotta have a dream » | He saw the promised land » | Glory Road » | LOST (spoilers ahead) (sorta) » | Q&A's » | Worser and Worserer »

If I don't get some sleep soon, I'm going to have a complete mental breakdown.

Seriously.

I went to my doctor on Friday and I told him the bullshit sleep meds he had me on were less effective than Tylenol PM. I've taken it for years, only I'm now taking eight times the amount I started on. Since it didn't seem to be working so well, I started doing some research online and it turns out that a recent study showed that this medication had no better results than a placebo. So I decided when I saw the doctor on Friday I would tell him I want something serious. Ambien or Lunesta. I even practiced saying it so I wouldn't chicken out once I got there.

He had no problem putting me on Ambien CR - control release, which means the first layer dissolves quickly to help you get to sleep, and the rest of it dissolves slowly to help you stay asleep. Or so the ad says. I've taken it for three nights now, and every night I am wide awake at 2 a.m. Listening to Big Daddy snore his head off.

I don't know if it takes a while to kick in or if my chemistry is just off. All I know is, I take a sleeping pill, I expect to sleep, dammit.