« Home | slightly more than a kajillion » | The news is... » | After school today... » | Here's a question for you: » | It's not shoes, but Daddy seems to like it » | Soccer, Week 3; Pollen Count: HIGH » | See...I knew I was going to fuck that up... » | SHOES! Glorious Shoes! » | The tale of the shorts » | Anyone here for their first time? Anyone? Any visi... »

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

This post may be the hardest post to follow ever in the history of my posts. That is due to 1) the amount of alcohol consumed tonight, and 2) the excitement of having made a contact with a past friend that I never expected to meet again in this lifetime.

Tonight we had dinner with Big Daddy's parents. Today was his mom's 81st birthday. Now, we technically work 8:30-5 p.m. at my office. At 4 p.m. today, my boss sent an email to the five of us that are scheduled to do a proposal on Tuesday. He said: "Can we all meet for 10 minutes at 4 p.m.?"

Of course, that meeting lasted until 5:30!! And My Kid & I were scheduled to meet Big Daddy & his parents at the restaurant at 7 for his mother's birthday dinner.

And I still had to run all the way out Germantown Road (in rushhour) to pick up some clothes at the tailor's so My Kid had something to wear to dinner tonight. And the alterations shop closed at 6!!

So I flew out of the office at 5:30 (with the promise to my new PR girl that we would get together on Sunday to create the slides for the new biz powerpoint). I fight all sorts of traffic to run into the alterations shop approximately one minute before they close. *Whew*

Rush home with the clothes. Shave legs in order to change out of the casual day jeans into fall-is-here black skirt, turtleneck and boots. Grab Kid and rush out the door on schedule. Realize responsibility of buying birthday cards fell to me. Rush to nearest drug store. My Kid buys "Happy Birthday Grandma" card and I buy the requisite "We love you, Mom" card.

Meet Big Daddy and his parents at the restaurant. I show up (after ALL THAT) five minutes early. Turns out they've been waiting for us for 15 minutes. *Sigh*

Dinner is decent. I order a bottle of wine b/c dinner with my octogenarian inlaws is miserable without alcohol (much as I LOVE THEM).

Kid rides home with Big Daddy and In-Laws. Which leaves me open to stop at local bar for a couple of shots before heading home.

**HERE'S WHERE IT GETS GOOD!!!"**
So I walk in local bar for quick Patron Silver shot. Beautiful blonde suddenly shows up next to me at bar.

She: "Did you used to work at Chili's in the 90s?"

Me: "Errrr...yeah...???"

It took me a minute to recognize her, but OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD... YOU'RE TUCKER!!!

Dude, there are probably 50 people that could come up to me and say, "We used to wait tables together." And 48 of them would probably get this reaction from me, "Hi, yeah...nice to see you...gotta go..."

But are you fucking kidding me??? This was CHRISTINE FUCKING TUCKER. Oh my freaking god. I LOVED this girl. Then and now. How motherfuckingfreaking fun.



















Whoa. She looks way hotter than me in this photo, doesn't she? SEE WHY I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE HER???