« Home | Here's a question for you: » | It's not shoes, but Daddy seems to like it » | Soccer, Week 3; Pollen Count: HIGH » | See...I knew I was going to fuck that up... » | SHOES! Glorious Shoes! » | The tale of the shorts » | Anyone here for their first time? Anyone? Any visi... » | Rats. » | Today's Celeb News » | I've had so many great song recommendations... »

After school today...

...My Kid is trying out for the school basketball team. Please send all your good thoughts his way.

I made him a nice big lunch, and packed a PowerBar in his backpack. He's wearing his lucky shorts.
When I pick him up at 4:30 this afternoon, he'll know whether he's been invited to come back tomorrow for Round 2 of the try-outs. I feel quite confident he'll at least get a callback. It's a middle school team, and he's in 7th grade this year. We've already discussed ad nauseum here about how tall he is.

If he gets the callback today, he'll know by the time I pick him up at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon if he made the team. The tryouts are closed. No friends or parents hanging out watching.

So please, please send lots of good karma and fates his way. Because reminding him that Michael Jordan didn't make HIS middle school team either just doesn't really alleviate the disappoint.