« Home | After school today... » | Here's a question for you: » | It's not shoes, but Daddy seems to like it » | Soccer, Week 3; Pollen Count: HIGH » | See...I knew I was going to fuck that up... » | SHOES! Glorious Shoes! » | The tale of the shorts » | Anyone here for their first time? Anyone? Any visi... » | Rats. » | Today's Celeb News »

The news is...

The good news is...
I had my first yoga class today. It was fantastic! A gift! My back felt SO GREAT all afternoon, although my arms and legs were a little SHAKEY for a while after lunch.

The bad news is...
He didn't make the cut. Which totally FLOORS me. When I picked him up at 4:30 this afternoon, he had a huge smile on his face. But he said, "I didn't make the cut." I thought he was fucking with me. I said, "Yeah? Well you got an awful big smile on your face." Then he went on to say that he didn't make it, and neither did [his friend] Mitch, who "ran the mile in 5:18.

Turns out the first day's tryouts was all about RUNNING. Now, I'm no coach, but I simply do not see how running the mile qualifies a person to play basketball. I mean, you got a kid that's head & shoulders above all the other kids, don't you even want to BRING HIM BACK and see if he's got any skills?? But whatev.

The good news is, My Kid was upbeat about it. His friend that he tried out with (who ran the mile in 5:18 and is at least as tall as My Kid) didn't make the cut either.

I just can't for the life of me figure what the hell the coach is looking for.

More bad news...
Me & the kid aren't getting along so well these days since Big Daddy is traveling so much. It's very frustrating to me, since I'm here all week trying to keep things running. It's kinda like being a single mom, only I have to sleep with the ex every weekend when he gets the kids.