« Home | Here's what you can expect from a big night out in... » | Pop Christian trio hits the big time on the suburb... » | Movies I am so excited to see, that I'll probably ... » | A personal message to my old friend that I've been... » | Young Melanie? » | My new desk came today! » | On the wall: my beloved Super Bowl XVII print. Was... » | If I had stayed Mormon, they would have totally ki... » | Cleanliness is next to impossible » | Sidebar, Come home! »

Doing a brisker business than the Starbucks


This morning I went to Barnes & Noble to buy some reference books for work (read: thick, heavy tomes). When I went to pay, I found myself in line behind about 30 people, each and every one of whom was holding the new Harry Potter book. Three cashiers worked frantically to keep up.

You would THINK that Barnes & Noble would have expected - or at least guessed - that they would be selling a few books this morning. You would THINK they would have every employee on the payroll up there checking people out. You would THINK my back would have stopped hurting by now from standing in that long line holding all those heavy books.

PS - Yes, I bought the H.P. book too.