« Home | Pop Christian trio hits the big time on the suburb... » | Movies I am so excited to see, that I'll probably ... » | A personal message to my old friend that I've been... » | Young Melanie? » | My new desk came today! » | On the wall: my beloved Super Bowl XVII print. Was... » | If I had stayed Mormon, they would have totally ki... » | Cleanliness is next to impossible » | Sidebar, Come home! » | Live, Laugh, Love »

Here's what you can expect from a big night out in the 'Burbs

This new restaurant opened near our house. It's a steak house whose original location we have frequented often. This new location out in our suburb has been "Opening Soon!" for a couple of weeks now. Wednesday, we noticed the sign had changed to "Now Open!" So tonight we went in. It was packed. I think it's going to do great business out here.

After we ate, Big Daddy wanted to walk down to the other end of the strip mall to get some coffee. I was all, "I don't think that's a coffee place." He was all, "Sure it is!" I'm like, "No, it's like a Christian music place." He's all, "No, really." So I'm like, "OK" and we start walking down there. A couple doors down, we come to the Radio Shak door and Big Daddy wants to go in and spend irrational amounts of cash on some computer and/or video game accessories. Since I can't imagine a more miserable shopping experience, I head down to the "coffee shop" instead.

Turns out, it's really not a coffee place. It's called FAITH MUSIC and Friday evening it hosts a LIVE BAND. The place is packed with folks of all ages in for their christian music fix. Old folks. Pre-teens. A guy in a fedora. Four middle-aged women in a group hug. I got myself an overpriced latte and a sneak photo.