« Home | I gave my notice » | See how quickly she spends her money before she ev... » | Makes perfect sense to me » | DUDE, I HAVE A NEW JOB!!!!! » | Here's the best part that I haven't even told you ... » | It appears we have a deal on the tires. » | It's hard to leave when you can't find a door » | I woke up with this song in my head for no good re... » | How to know when you maybe need new tires » | HERE'S WHAT THE BIG THING IS ALL ABOUT (sort of) »

Exit Survey

As soon as HR found out I was leaving, they summoned me down for an exit survey. I was a little surprised. I thought I'd do that at the end of my four-weeks notice. My answers are to follow:

Did you like working for XXX?
Yes

Did you receive the proper training to do your job well?
Yes
[god, that's such an HR question, isn't it?]

Were the personnel policies explained to you?
Yes [shouldn't an exit survey have more open-ended questions?]

Was your supervisor helpful and supportive of you?
No


Conversation which followed:
HR Manager (disbelievingly): "Not helpful and supportive at all?"
Me: "Well, if you consider changing meeting times and not telling me so that I missed them 'helpful', then yeah."

Were your coworkers and managers friendly?
Not Really
[since not a one of them, ever, included me when big groups of them would go to lunch together]

Do you feel you were treated fairly? If not, please explain.
No - how can anyone say that the way I dress doesn't represent the org properly when my VP wears frayed shirts, inside-out sweatshirts, and a baseball cap everyday?

Conversation:
HRM: (tries to turn conversation back to my clothing)
Me: "The question was about equality. I think if you're going to bring a woman in and tell her her skirts are too short you should also bring a man in when his dress is equally unprofessional."
HRM: "You're right." [she's paid to say that]

What did you like best about your job?
good benefits

What did you like least about your job?
working for (name redacted)

What suggestions do you have for making this a better place to work?
more equality among departments; more women executives; less responsiblity to Board and Committee members

What was your reason for leaving XXX?
I've accepted an advanced position with another company