« Home | A priviledge, not a right. » | Tonight's "America (The Book)" passage » | Girly.Girl. » | Vote or DIE » | Talk amongst yourselves » | 3 1/2 Stars » | Tonight's "America (The Book)" passage » | Tonight's "America (The Book)" passage » | Teach your children well » | Tonight's "America (The Book)" passage »

VIVA LA REVOLUCION

I woke up a bit cranky this morning.

I stayed up too late, drank too much...only to see the electoral map bleed red.

My eyebrows are knitted into a scowl that I'm pretty sure will be my permanent facial expression for the next four years.

And as the day wears on, my anger has begun the downward spiral into deep, severe depression.

I'm concerned that my rights as a woman will be in jeopardy when hard-nosed, right wing, religious fanatic conservatives are controlling the presidency, the Senate, the House AND the Supreme Court.

When I say this to people in my red state, they look at me like I'm some kind of crazy paranoid conspiracy theorist and say, "Well I don't think THAT'S going to happen."

And I'm concerned that there are so many people in this country that are SO BLIND to the rights that have already been stripped from us over the last four years.

And I'm most depressed not by the prospect of four more years of idiocracy and warmongering and divisiveness, but that I live in a country where the majority of the people think it's good for us to have a fundamentalist in the White House. He's bringing Christian morals back to America! He's returned faith to our government!

Well here's a news flash for you: our country was not founded on Christian fundamentals. You're confusing that with religious freedom. Which means that if I want to worship the freaking MOON as my god - or *gasp* goddess - then I have every right to do just that. Although it would severely limit my prospects of ever getting elected president.

So I just have one question: WHO'S GOING TO LEAD THE REVOLUTION??