« Home | In case you missed it.... » | This, I believe about the Mormon church (and some ... » | Is this the iTunes help desk? » | TV Shows that make me laugh out loud » | And the pretty high-heeled shoes, they were so sad » | What kalisah is.... » | Can you hear me now? » | I'm sure he has a great personality though » | Looking Fabulous: What I've Learned about TANNING » | what kalisah is.... »

RIP, H.R.

In memory of Lennie Weinrib, the voice of HR Pufnstuf, I give you this brush with celebrity, circa 1972:
That's me in the orange shirt, being squished between my little brother and my friend from school, Elizabeth. That's my sister in the sailor dress on the left, and her friend from church, Kristin, in the super-mini. Her mom was a semi-famous modern dancer named Maida Withers, so that's probably why she got to dress like Twiggy while I look like something out of a Dickens novel.

Sid and Marty Krofft shaped my childhood too. Though I was more of a Bugaloos kid. Land of the Lost, not so much.

Mark! You're the only person I've ever heard of besides myself who remembers the Bugaloos!

I loved HR Puf! You're cute! Dickens novel.....you are cracking me up!

Soccamom, it helps when you have one of your first boyhood crushes on one of the major characters. And of course, a catchy themesong. :)

Post a Comment