« Home | Q: When is 39 with no wrinkles NOT a good thing? » | Isn't it ironic, don't you think? » | I've figured out the #1 place to run into people y... » | Grey's Anatomy this week » | Writers Block » | Pinpoint Dopplar Radar says.... » | In need of: a religious scholar » | Soulsville (updated) » | In need of some techie guidance » | My Valentine »

Ask me if My Kid's b'ball team beat the #1 team in the league tonight.

Why yes! Yes, they did beat the #1 team in the league tonight! 29-27. And My Kid had 8 points. It went right down to the wire and the look of pure joy on those boys' faces when they won was PRICELESS in the truest sense of the word. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Even Manolos.

We hate that team - the Lakers. They have the yellingest coach in the league. Sometimes when he yells he scares the bejeezus out of me and makes me jump. And I'm sitting on the opposite side of the gym. So it was quite satisfying to beat them. Even our coach was thrilled. THRILLED, I tell ya. The first thing he said to the boys after the game was, "Forget the rest of the season! This IS our season right here! You proved you could hang with the best of the best." I'm so freaking proud.