« Home | A Public Service Announcement » | The party was GREAT » | There ARE worse things than wearing flats, like sa... » | If you're a Memphis blogger and you read this site » | I may have to increase my medication. » | You do the math » | Really, it's not you...it's ME » | My Birthday Necklace » | Happy Birthday to Me » | My Space? Or Their Space? »

Just keep whistling the song from "Fame"

Tonight I went to the mall to try to find some flats.

*Sigh*

You can't imagine how much that pains me to say. You certainly did not expect to come to THIS SITE and see the words, "Tonight I went to the mall to try to find some flats."

I can't decide which is worse...buying shoes at the mall or shopping for flats.

*heavy sigh*

I tried to keep my chin up. I kept repeating in my head what Melati had written in my comments:

I know what you are going through. This is how I got through not wearing heels for 3 months:
Buy 2 pair of ballet flats.
Buy two pair of white low-top converse.
Buy 3 pair of pants hemmed for flats.
Wear it like it's your preference.
I had all my friends doing the "just out of dance class/urban city professional" thing within 2 weeks.
I mean, come on! "Wear it like it's your preference"??? That may be the very best advice anyone's ever given me. In my life.

I went to Macy*s and you KNOW how much I completely resent their shoe department. I found two pairs of ballet flats I liked and one pair of boots (I need SOMETHING to wear with all these skirts!!). They only had one pair of the flats in my size.

STRIKE ONE.

I went to Journey's (or something like that...hell, I had to ask My Kid where to buy lowtop converse and he took me there). Found the shoes for $40. They wouldn't take a check.

STRIKE TWO

Pretty much gave up on the mall thing and took My Kid to Target to buy some video game he was wanting.

Looked for pants to hem to flat length. Bought two pairs of Isaac Mizrahi pants and a pair of fake black Converse lowtops.

I FUCKING BOUGHT CLOTHES AND SHOES AT MOTHERFUCKING TARGET.

STRIKE THREE.

I AM O-U-T OUT OF HERE.