« Home | Does it really matter what you wear to work when y... » | Things I probably wouldn't understand even if some... » | It's a Christmas Miracle! » | I'm much too young to feel this damn old » | Life Lessons from America's Next Top Model » | My New Favorite Word » | Driving Forward - The Lessons Demo » | Phenix » | Can you imagine how stale are the "You had me..." ... » | Public School Sex Education Inaction »

After the tour


Gisele was kind enough to pose for a photo with me and Mary.

OK, let me put this into context: I can't speak for Mary, but you can see we're about the same size. I'm about 5'3" and I was wearing 3 1/2-inch heels, so I'm about 5'6" in this photo. That should give you some idea how TALL she is.

Now let's talk weight. I weigh about 120. So I'm not a big girl. However, I look like a pudge next to this girl. Funny story: when we showed her our blood donor room where people donate platelets (leukopheresis), she asked if there were any restrictions on giving platelets. She said, "I wanted to give blood after 9/11, but I did not have enough pounds!" Uhh, yeah...you know how much you have to weigh to give blood? 110!!!! She's like 6 feet tall AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN WEIGH 110.

Please remind me that she's the freak of nature and not me.

But she was soooo NOT a diva. At. All. In fact, she was extremely kind and warm and generous and she loved hanging out and making art projects with the kids and she's going to give lots of money to childhood cancer research.

So she's tall, thin, gorgeous, dating Leo, AND she's kind and warm and generous. Kinda throws the whole balance of the universe off a bit, no?