« Home | Say goodnight, Gracie » | This is a TEST » | And for Big Daddy's birthday... » | How I treated myself on my birthday » | 38. » | Dear World, » | Open letters to be delivered to Liberty Bowl Stadium » | VIVA LA REVOLUCION » | A priviledge, not a right. » | Tonight's "America (The Book)" passage »

Dude, do you know what today is???

Yes, yes, Big Daddy's birthday. I know. Happy Birthday to Big Daddy. Did I mention the incredibly painful but seriously generous gift that I gave him?

Besides all that, today is Blog it Forward Day!! Which I've been anxiously awaiting! Because the last time we had Blog it Forward Day, I was merely a reader. And not a blogger! Now I, too, may participate in this hallowed affair! And in case you haven't noticed, I do not take exclammation points lightly, so you should be able to tell right away how very, very excited I am.

Blog it Forward Day is when you spread the blog love by picking one or more blogs from your blogroll and posting on your site why you link to them. See, this day was just made for me, because you gotta know that I love spreading my opinion around.

So today, in my First Blog it Forward, I'm sending out my love to:

  1. Suburban Bliss - it's only fair and right that I blog it forward to Melissa because I actually found her through a previous Blog it Forward Day. And now she's one of my favorite reads. Personally, I think she's one of the most talented and witty writers out there. Oh my god, that entry about her cousin's wedding...what a riot. And I only wish I could find the "there's a pickle touching my sandwich" entry or whatever the hell it was because it was CLASSIC. If I owned a newspaper, I would give her her own column TODAY. And then we'd both get rich. RICH, I tell ya!
  2. Corporate Mommy - OK, I'm not pimping Elizabeth's site merely because she helped explain some of the more technical aspects of setting up a blog to me. Although she did do that and I am FOR. EV. ER. grateful so of course I would do just anything in the world for that woman. But even more than her tech support, her writing is superb. She sees things from such a different perspective than I do. Reading her work is enlightening in a very satisfying way. So go there. And leave comments, because she is a comment whore and unfortunately, there is no 12-step program for that so we're just going to have to feed her addiction.
  3. All I'm Saying - I don't want to get greedy here since I have, afterall, only been blogging since June so maybe I don't deserve to blog THREE blogs forward, but it's so hard to choose! I *heart* all my links like family. But I had to throw Casey in here, too, because even though I haven't been reading her that long, she has somehow managed to suck me into her life through her posts. I can't say why that is exactly but that's got to be the mark of something good, when you just can't walk away. You know, like Chili's Presidente margaritas. Plus, go to her site and check out that photo. OK, now how cute is she?? Yeah, you hear that whooshing sound? That's the sound of you being sucked in, too.

So there you have it. Now, if Corporate Mommy's out there somewhere, could you please explain this whole "trackback" thing to me? B/c we're all supposed to "trackback" to Buzz's site so everyone can see who all linked to Blog it Forward Day but I have no idea what that means or how to do it. Thanks, babe!