« Home | Untitled » | Our Government Inaction* » | Boston update » | Fashion Delimma » | The Show » | Are you watching the red carpet? » | May or may not be spoilers ahead » | Britney, Britney, Britney (*shakes head*) » | Roleplaying » | Hey Stacy & Clinton, »

Untitled 2: Electric Bugaloo

The carrot cake was a huge hit. HUGE. I don't believe I've ever cooked anything that my boys have raved about. RAVED. I don't get it, really. I said to My Kid, "You know there's vegetables in that." He didn't care. He ate two more pieces.

Carrot Cake
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 (4.5 ounce) jars carrot baby food
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans.

In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil; beat well. Add eggs, carrots, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat mixture until smooth. Combine flour, salt, soda, and spices; add to creamed mixture, beating well. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake for 30 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then transfer layers to wire racks.

ICING
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar

Combine cream cheese and butter or margarine, beating until light and fluffy. Add 1 tablespoon vanilla and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Fill and frost the cake with cream cheese frosting.

(Note: I made the cake from scratch, but I cheated and bought canned cream cheese frosting.)

You know what I would love? I would love it if Ann Coulter's f-word controversy would end her career. Whatever it is she's paid to do.

Here's my travel schedule for the next week: Saturday - Monday: Boston; Thurs-Friday: Ft. Lauderdale; Friday-Monday: New York City. It's a packing nightmare. It's 80 degrees in Ft. Lauderdale and -4 in NYC. Which means I have to take my big winter coat to southern Florida.

This week we're going to the C-USA basketball tournament. The Tigers are rocking & rolling again this year. We went 16-0 in our conference (which we've never done) and won the conference outright for the second year in a row (also a first for us). I think we're ranked around #6 right now. Hopefully we'll end up at least a 2-seed in the NCAA. Keep an eye on that Chris Douglas-Roberts. The kid's got real talent.