« Home | We are back in business » | It's like living in the freaking Stone Age » | So dark the con of man » | Summer Beauty Makeover » | What kalisah is.... » | It's only LOCAL theaters that I disdain » | Me, on the web » | SERIOUSLY?? » | Shop Now! » | Did you watch? »

All About Me, Part MCMXVII

Schwiped from Badger

1. What's in the glove box of your car?
Beats me. I have no idea really. Everything I need is in that little console between the front seats. The glove box probably holds, like, a tool to check your tire pressure or something.

2. Favorite classes in college (or high school):
Anatomy & Physiology was way cool to study. I find that it helps me the most on Jeopardy! too.

3. Shampoo brand:
I'm trying out the Dove for hair that's colored darker than your natural color and I like it OK. I'm much more devoted to my conditioner than my shampoo.

4. Favorite piece of furniture you own:
I guess my desk.

5. Idea of a really good first date:
Coffee.

6. Favorite fruit:
Bananas. Fresh mangos

7. Pick a passage from a favorite book:
"The trouble with my generation is that we all think we're fucking geniuses. Making something isn't good enough for us, and neither is selling something, or teaching something, or even just doing something; we have to be something. It's our inalienable right, as citizens of the twenty-first century. If Christina Aguilera or Britney or some American Idol jerk can be something, then why can't I? Where's mine, huh?"
(Nick Hornby, A Long Way Down)

8. What would you eat for dinner if it were your last night on earth?
Lobster claws. That someone would crack and peel for me. With drawn butter. And chocolate souffle. With raspberry sauce.

9. Free Will or Destiny?
70-30 Free Will

10. What would you sing at karaoke?
"Manic Monday" by the Bangles
"Call Me" by Blondie

11. Sweater or Sweatshirt?
Sweaters

12. Paris, NYC, Tokyo, or Rio?
It's a tough call, because, as the logo says, I love New York. But Europe wins out everytime. Paris.

13. What do you wear to bed usually?
an over-sized t-shirt

14. If you dyed your hair, what colour would you dye it?
Dr. Addison Shepherd Red

15. If you went back to school, what would you study?
Political Science

16. Gum or mints?
Altoids cinnamon gum

17. Recurring nightmares?
That all my teeth are breaking off in my mouth like shards of broken glass.

18. Age & location of first kiss?
Summer 1982 - I would have been 15. We were in his car in the driveway of my house.

19. Describe your favourite pair of shoes.
Oh, please. That's like asking someone to chose their favourite child.

20. What movie/tv character do you feel like you relate to most?
Siddalee Walker from the Ya Ya Sisterhood

21. First CD purchase:
I hate when people ask me that. I have no idea. My first record album was Donny Osmond though. The one where he's sitting on the piano in the American-flag bell bottoms and with the song "Puppy Love." (Thank you, Mark, for the photo!!)

22. First concert:
The Osmonds, Bicentenial 4th of July weekend, 1976 at the Capitol Centre in Landover, Maryland. I was nine.

23. Do you like camping?
Are there room service and spa treatments?

24. If you were doomed to be mauled to death by an animal, what animal would you prefer that to be?
I would prefer not to be mauled to death, thankyouverymuch. I can't really think of a worse way to go.

25. Do you/would you own a gun?
No and no. But it maybe would've helped me from being mauled to death.

26. What religion would you like to know more about?
Judaism. I find it fascinating that its traditions have survived for so many millennia.

27. Favourite food as a kid:
Corn-on-the-cob with butter and salt.

28. How many languages do you speak?
Does "Valley Girl" count?

29. If you were a natural disaster, would you be a tornado, hurricane, or earthquake?
Probably more like a tsunami, I think.

30. If you could make one state in the US just go away, which state would that be?
Kentucky. From those annoying wildcat fans to Rick Pitino, I've yet to find anything endearing (or even redeeming) about Kentucky.

31. How many prescriptions do you take?
How many do you got?

32. Lake or Ocean?
Oh. Shun. I despise lakes. I have an irrational fear of muck.

33. What is the worst lie you've ever told to get out of work?
When I was 19 I worked at a mall department store in Jackson, Miss., and my boyfriend was going to Memphis for the weekend and I really wanted to go, too, so I called in - crying even! - and said that my grandfather died and they gave me three days off....with pay!!

34. Do you carry a backpack, a satchel or "man bag", tote bag, brief case, or a backpack on wheels?
I'm assuming this question is for the men?

35. Have you ever been arrested/cited for anything other than traffic violations?
Once I got busted shoplifting all these designer clothes....oh wait, that was Winona Ryder. Nevermind.

36. Would you ever consider spending some time at a nudist colony?
I'm going to say no for two reasons: 1) people who are comfortable walking around naked are NEVER the people that you actually WANT TO SEE naked, and 2) there's that whole body fluids issue that I neither want to discuss nor consider any further. But I'm all about topless beaches.

39. Best thing you can cook?
I bake lots of yummy things.

40. If you were going to donate 1000 dollars to a charity, what would that be?
$1,000 is a drop in the bucket to a big national charity, so I'd probably give it to some small local place where it could make a difference. Maybe someplace that helps women and children escape domestic abuse.

love #7 - i'm going to put that on the reading list!

Mark - OMG! THat's it! How did you find that???

That list was so awesome. I too have an irrational fear of the muck. Lakes are grody.

*sniffle*

I'm endearing from time to time and I'm from Kentucky. Zappos outlet store, big hats, and ME! It's the Kentucky Trifecta -- sweet redemption. ;)

crap. I really didn't think I had any readers from Kentucky.

Mea culpa.

There's KFC, too, which I've been known to eat once or twice.

So is the teeth falling out some Jungian archetype? Because I've had that nightmare since college.

Of course, mine started after I actually had a tooth shatter and fall out of my mouth (all I was doing was flossing for pete's sake), so maybe Jungian archetypes aren't involved at all.

Who knew that girls from Kentucky could read AND wear cute shoes? It's so whack ;)

xoxoxo

The teeth thing... I've heard it means you're feeling guilty about something. :)

Better late than never... but I, too, live in Kentucky. So make that at least TWO readers from the Bluegrass State!

Post a Comment