« Home | Me, on the web » | SERIOUSLY?? » | Shop Now! » | Did you watch? » | The livin' is easy » | You feelin' lucky? » | 40 Things Before I'm 40 » | 4 Things Before I'm 40 » | 4 Things Before I'm 40 » | Disturbing »

It's only LOCAL theaters that I disdain

How beautiful is this? Do you know what it is? It's the Palme d'Or - the "best in show" for the Cannes Film Festival. Totally makes you wish you were there, huh? (Not to mention that it kind of puts that Oscar guy to shame.)

I should add that to my list of things to do before I die - to attend the Cannes Film Festival - but I'm not very likely to achieve that am I? I might as well add "Become obscenely wealthy" because that's pretty much what it would take.

The Cannes Film Festival just seems like the epitome of glamour and dazzle. Especially since I am well-traveled in the French Riviera (OK, I went to Monaco once for about four days) so I know how completely gorgeous it is over there. And glamourous. And dazzling.

This year the movies to see include DaVinci Code (of course), Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" starring Kristin Dunst, and "Fast Food Nation" with Greg Kinear, Patricia Arquette, Kris Kristofferson, Avril Lavigne, Ethan Hawke, Wilmer Valderrama, Catalina Sandino Moreno [from Maria Full of Grace] and an assortment of equally illogical castmembers. You don't want to see that movie anyway because it's based on the book by the same name which brought fast food secrets like fecal matter in the burgers out of the closet and ewwww.

But what about The DaVinci Code? It opens here - in the states - Friday. Will you go to see it?

Nope. I don't need to pay money to see my religion insulted. I didn't see "The Last Temptation of Christ" for the same reason.

I read the book when it first came out -- before all the publicity -- and thought it was a fun art history murder mystery, but rolled my eyes at the ending. I had NO IDEA anyone would take it seriously! Honestly!

Had it not become such a big deal, I might have gone to the movie. Maybe. But now that so many people (including Dan Brown!) are acting like it's all TRUE, I refuse to participate.

I think it's an interesting premise, and (I know it's fiction) if it were true, I wouldn't mind. I guess I'm too liberal to be a catholic though. I'm taking my mom to see it.

Hey there over dressed, if you would liketo see a sneak preview tommorrow night curiosity of WRVR and 94.1 the Buzz I will leave some passes up front for you. It is at Malco Cordova at 7:30 but you have to get there early and passes don't guarntee admission. How cool would it be to blog about it before anyone else has seen it.
Let me know, I think you have my email or you could always just comment on my blog

Post a Comment