« Home | Oh My God, Ya'll!!! » | 2005 wrap-up in leftover camera phone images » | Memphis, 2006 » | My kind of Christmas celebration » | I just got this email from a co-worker: » | Here is my co-worker, Amy, talking to her digital ... » | Coach » | Glory. » | Truth in Sales? » | I have a bit of a moral hangover »

How it got to be Monday ALREADY

I spent all day Saturday in bed. I wasn't sick or hungover, I was just TIRED. So I laid in bed and watched movies on cable and even napped a bit. It was GREAT. Big Daddy came in around 7 p.m. and said, "Are you getting out of bed today at all?" Nope. I watched several movies I hadn't seen before, including:

Unfaithful with Diane Lane and Richard Gere
Ordinarily I don't watch movies about cheating. They're always so disturbing. And this one definitely was. She was obviously very much in love with her husband and happy with her life, but she got caught up in the passion and romance of a younger, sexy man. They made it look like it could happen to anyone who runs into the French Brad Pitt on a windy day.

Paper Moon with Ryan & Tatum O'Neal
Believe it or not, I'd never seen this movie. I knew what it was about but I wasn't expecting quite what I got. Everyone knows that Tatum O'Neal is the youngest person ever to win an Oscar. Now I know why. She was great in this film.

Save the Last Dance with Julia Stiles
Because you can't really lay in bed all day watching movies and not catch at least one cheesy dance flick. If you were Julia Stiles, though, wouldn't you be slightly concerned that you might be typecast as that girl who does interracial relationships?