« Home | Rats. » | Next thing you know... » | Washa-washa-washa » | Well that's decided. » | Exercise your blogacratic right to vote. » | Wish Book stuff » | It's like that web site postsecret.com » | How My Day Went » | The Friday Five » | The divine within me appreciates the divine within... »

So this is pretty frightening

The scientist at my old job who is a flu expert, who NAMED the bird flu virus (H5N1), who warned the country THREE YEARS AGO that we're headed for a flu pandemic?

Yesterday he had a news conference and he said that when this hits here it will SHUT DOWN SOCIETY AS WE KNOW IT AND THE ONLY HOPE YOU'LL HAVE OF SURVIVING IS BY STAYING IN YOUR HOUSE AND EVERYONE BETTER HAVE AT LEAST ONE MONTH'S WORTH OF FOOD AND SUPPLIES IN THEIR HOME SO GET READY.

Not that I'm an alarmist or anything, but the man is the Center for Disease Control's leading flu expert. I'm pretty sure he knows of which he speaks. And I'm pretty sure I'm heading to Kroger right after work to STOCK UP.