« Home | The chichi girl's favorite diet food » | My Favorite Movies » | All I can say is... » | Overdressed Poll » | Reason #216 not to make obsence gestures to the na... » | And she's got a pretty wintry blue design, too » | Reason #215 not to make obsence gestures to the na... » | Laughs Aplenty » | "Have mercy on me, Lord, I am Cuban." » | Remembering 2004 and rationalizing the New Year's ... »

What are YOU doing this afternoon?

I was supposed to have lunch with a group of people from work today. Not a group of people I'm friends with exactly, just this group of people I worked with, kind of a committee. And I'm the only girl. Anyhoo, we've had it planned since before the holidays, but then today some of them backed out and it seemed like we wouldn't go.

So I IM'ed my friend on the third floor and asked her if she wanted to take the afternoon off and go get drunk with me.

But she couldn't because, I don't know something about her boss.

Then some of the committee lunch people came back so we thought maybe we would go afterall. It ended up we did go but only six of us.

And I didn't get to pick the place so we went to this really crappy restaurant that is cheap, but that's because it's crappy and I can't believe people even eat there. You can probably get the idea of how crappy it is even without me telling you that it's an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet.

I tried to change their minds. I suggested, "Let's take the afternoon off and go get drunk!" But nooooo. They wanted to eat fried meat in heavy sauce. Blech.

And I had to drive!

And it's really really cold and raining and it's not really even weather you want to get out in unless it's to go get drunk. Certainly not to go eat greasy buffet fare.

When we came back to the office, I was kind enough to drop them off at the door of the building, since it was raining and parking is at a premium around here. And one of them pointed out to me that I might as well park there by the door in one of the VPs places, because Senior Staff is all out today.

You know where they are, right? They took the afternoon off to GO GET DRUNK!