« Home | My New Best Friend!!!! » | Is that Carrie? NO! IT'S ME!!!!  » | Look - Samantha, Charlotte, KALISAH, Carrie & Mir... » | Oh, NOW they tell me! » | Back to What Matters » | When me & Big Daddy were dating, I had long, red,... » | By the time My Kid was born, I'd cut it all off a... » | And look how big it was when I wore it curly. Goo... » | By his first birthday, I'd gone even shorter. But... » | By age 2, it had grown out a bit. With bangs even... »

A Frank Discussion

WARNING: I'm going to talk openly about my Brazilian wax now. So if you're a guy, or if that sort of thing makes you uncomfortable, you may want to skip this post. But if you want to know, read on, and I will share all.

The Pain
I was so concerned about how much it would hurt, that I got drunk before I went and got a friend to drive me. And she is a true friend, too, having to put up with more drunken chatterings about pubic hair than any one person should be subjected to in a lifetime.

I'm not going to tell you it didn't hurt. Because of course it did - some areas more than others. But it wasn't so bad. I had a really good technician; she came highly recommended from two friends that go to her. She worked quickly and it was over with soon. I didn't even cry. Getting my lip waxed makes my eyes water. But no crying here.


Bare or Landing Strip?
I had intended on getting the landing strip, but apparently they go bare by default and (being drunk) I forgot to mention to her that I wanted her to leave a landing strip. The thought of completely bare made me a little uncomfortable, like a pre-pubescent girl and there's something a little twisted about that.

It took me two weeks to get used to it, but now I LOVE MY BRAZILIAN! I will never go back! I'm a pretty hairy person (you've seen pictures of me), so I was always trimming and shaving and dealing with bumps and irritation. Donning a swimsuit was such an ordeal for me.

Now, it's maintenance-free! Smooth, soft, clean. I love it. I don't even want a landing strip anymore. I'm all about BARE!


The Itch Factor
None! I've had some re-growth and there is no itch at all!


At the Salon
I was a little uncomfortable about the actual act of this waxing. I mean, this woman was going to be working on me down there! But she was very professional and worked very quickly. I actually think knowing she's done this same procedure to friends of mine made it better. Like I wasn't a freak.


Cost
If you live in a bigger city, I'm sure it will be more. It cost me $60 plus tip. I'm not sure if that's the price every time or if touch-ups are less. Whatever. It's worth it to me. I'll pay it. And you know I'll get no complaints from Big Daddy about spending the money.


Touch Ups
I don't know how often I'm supposed to have this done?? I think I once heard that hair had to be 1/4 of an inch to be waxed (you know, so it has something to grab hold of). My hair grows fast, too. In two years, it's gone from up around my ears to well below my shoulders, if that tells you anything. I think it's been three weeks, and that's probably about how often it will be for me.

I will not get so drunk next time either. Maybe just a couple glasses of wine.


Big Daddy's Opinion
Of course, he loves it. I asked him, "Does it feel different, or just look different?" He said it feels different.

After I did it, he spent the next day cleaning the house. Which he never does. He told me later, "You've never done anything like this for me. It makes me want to...contribute."

So there you have it, girls! 60 bucks, a few margaritas, a moderate amount of pain, and the next thing you know the hubster's helping out around the house! Can you beat that??