« Home | Life is Golden » | Most Beautiful: Terri Hatcher looked the best, ha... » | Runner-up for Most Beautiful: Mariska Hargitay (a... » | Best Dress: Joely Richardson was so in love with... » | Runner-up for Best Dress: Minnie Driver. This dre... » | Best Dressed Housewife: Felicity Huffman. Maybe n... » | Always a winner: Kate Hudson looked fabulous, as ... » | Best Dressed Pregnant Lady: Not the easiest thing... » | Best Dressed Over 50: Glenn Close always looks so... » | Orlando Bloom: hubba hubba. »

Lost (not the TV show)

So, remember last summer? When I lost my keys? Well, they never did turn up. Luckily we had an extra set at home. And luckily nobody's stolen my car.

Tonight, out of the blue, Big Daddy said, "I wonder what ever happened to your keys?"

"I'll find them when I die," I said. "That's what happens, you know. That IS the afterlife: everything you ever lost is there to greet you - keys, sunglasses, umbrellas, gloves, socks..."

I tried to support my theory with an example of something HE'S lost, but I couldn't think of anything he's permanently misplaced. Sure, he loses his keys everyday, but I can always tell him where he's left them. That's my job. I'm the mom.

So then, I got to wondering? What have YOU lost? What's waiting for YOU when you go?