Because 2004 was all about Me-Me
1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
Traveled to Europe.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Never make them. But this year I'll quit smoking.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Daisey had her second son.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Lost a 35-year-old cousin to cancer.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
patience & tolerance
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Seriously? Actual dates? I can't even remember birthdays, and they're the same year after year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Thanks & Giving campaign
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Threw my back out a few times, which resulted in those three little words I long to hear: Narcotic. Pain. Killers.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Well MINE, of course! Because if I won't celebrate it, who will??
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed or disgusted?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My 20-year high school reunion
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Maroon 5 "This Love"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fattier (*sigh* I was a STICK last holidays)
c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Dinner with the
outlaws inlaws, then at home with the people I love - My Kid & Big Daddy
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Yes, with Jon Stewart
22. How many one-night stands?
depends, are we counting nights or men?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Desperate Housewives, Lost, Gilmore Girls, SATC, West Wing, Daily Show, Ellen Degeneres
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a pretty strong word, but there are a few people I used to like who now stir up negative emotions in me
25. What was the best book you read?
"Waiting for Snow in Havana"
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
an actual Faberge egg
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film(s) of this year?
Angels in America (even though it's last year's film, I just saw it on DVD in 2004)
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Pouted about the election results. I was 38.
31.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
A new president
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
One year ahead of Memphis and two years behind New York
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jon Stewart, Harry Connick Jr, Johnny Depp
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
the election, the war, pretty much everything
Alfred E. Newman our president said and did.
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
My new best friend. A best friend like I haven't had since before I was married. I cherish her so much I won't even put her name out there.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
More things contribute to quality of life than how much money you make.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fails, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way
Oh, no, no not me
I did it my way
For what is a man, what has he got
If not himself, then he has not
To say the words he truly feels
And not the words he would reveal
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way